Welcome to Bovine Services, LLC.
January 10, 2014: Lodi, Califronia course. See Courses page
March 14-15, 2014: Abbottsford, Wisconsin course. See Courses page
Also now scheduling private courses for 2014. See Courses page.
Bovine Services, LLC has been a provider of ultrasound training courses for veterinarians and ultrasound services for dairy and beef clients since 2000.
Bovine Services, LLC is owned and operated by Jill Colloton, DVM.
Education and experience
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, University of Illinois, 1988
- Ultrasound Short Course, University of Wisconsin, 1995
- Dairy Health Management Certificate Program, University of Wisconsin, 1997-2000
- Clinical practice in dairy production medicine since 1988
- President of County Center Bovine Services, provider of bovine ultrasound, from 1995 to 2000
- Owner of Bovine Services, LLC, provider of bovine ultrasound since 2000
- Instructor of ultrasound courses for veterinarians since 1999
- Coordinator for American Association of Bovine Practitioners (AABP) bovine ultrasound seminars from 2001 to 2010
- Invited speaker at various veterinary meetings since 1999
- Chairperson AABP Reproduction Committee 2009-2011
- Director Society for Theriogenology 2012-present
SOCIETIES AND ASSOCIATIONS
- Society for Theriogenology since 1988
- American Association for Bovine Practitioners since 1988
- American Veterinary Medical Association since 1988
- Wisconsin Veterinary Medical Association since 1988
- American Dairy Science Association since 2004
- Risco, C, P. Melendez. Dairy Cattle Production Medicine, chapter entitled “Applications of Ultrasonography in Dairy Cattle Reproductive Management.” Wiley-Blackwell, 2011.
- Buczinski, S. Veterinary Clinics of North America: Food Animal Practice, Bovine Ultrasound. Pp. 733-752 with Luc DesCoteaux and Giovanni Gnemmi. W.B. Saunders, 2009.
- DesCoteaux, Luc, J. Colloton, G. Gnemmi. Practical Atlas of Ruminant and Camelid Reproductive Ultrasonography. Wiley-Blackwell, 2009.
- Silva-del-rio N, JD Colloton, PM Fricke. Factors affecting pregnancy loss for single and twin pregnancies in a high-producing dairy herd. Theriogenology 71:1462-1471. 2009
- Christmas, Rodney, and J. Colloton. Large Animal Theriogenology, Pp.303-306. 2006.
- Colloton, Jill. Bovine Reproduction, Clinical Booklet. BCF Technology. 2004.
- Wren, Geni. “Reproductive Ultrasound”. Bovine Veterinarian, Pp. 32-39. January, 2003.
- Wren, Geni. “Make Ultrasound Work in Bovine Practice”. Bovine Veterinarian. September, 2002.
- Colloton, Jill. Pictorial Guide to Ultasonographic Pregnancy Diagnosis in the Bovine. Steuart Laboratories and Bovine Services, LLC., 2002
- Colloton, Jill. Utilizing Ultrasound to Diagnose and Manage Twins in Dairy Cattle. Universal Medical Systems, 2001.
- Performance Advisor. “Putting Ultrasound into Practice”. Roche Animal Nutrition and Health, 1999.
- Mooney, Rick. 1998. “The Sweetest Music You’ll Never Hear”. Dairy Today, 1998.